Do I need a European Health Insurance Card?

If you are an EU/EEA national and are travelling or staying temporarily in another state belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you are entitled to receive medical care should you become ill or have an accident.

If you are a student, a seconded worker or if you are entitled to a social security pension in that state, you will be then be entitled to health care beyond the immediate treatment.

For more information on the European Health Insurance Card please visit the Citizen's Information website.